By William Burt Pope
Brian J. Abasciano President of the Society of Evangelical Arminians has known as this the simplest Arminian Systematic theology ever written.
This is the 1st of three volumes written in 1889
Read or Download A Compendium of Christian Theology :Systematic Theology Vol 1 of 3 PDF
Best religious studies & reference books
For almost thousand years Paul's advice on the finish of one Corinthians 15 that God may be 'all in all' has appealed to people who carry a 'wider wish' that at last nobody can be misplaced from God's love. in actual fact, such wish for common salvation is at variance with so much Christian culture, which has emphasised the chance, or walk in the park, of everlasting hell.
Seems to be at how ecotheology has created a brand new imaginative and prescient of the wildlife and where of people inside of it.
Even supposing the significance of Congregationalism in early Massachusetts has engaged historians' consciousness for generations, this learn is the 1st to method the Puritan adventure in Congregational church govt from the viewpoint of either the pew and the pulpit. For the prior decade, writer James F.
This quantity explores how non secular leaders can give a contribution to cultures of peace around the globe. The essays are written by way of prime and rising students and practitioners who've lived, taught, or labored within the components of clash approximately which they write. Connecting the idea and perform of non secular peacebuilding to light up key demanding situations dealing with interreligious discussion and interreligious peace paintings, the quantity is explicitly interreligious, intercultural, and international in point of view.
- L'Apocalisse (Farsi un'idea) (Italian Edition)
- Religious Education 7-11: Developing Primary Teaching Skills (State of Welfare)
- Toward a Biblical Theology of Revival: An Examination of Spirit Baptism as the Possible Catalyst for Revival
- Theism and Explanation (Routledge Studies in the Philosophy of Religion)
- The Ambiguous Embrace: Government and Faith-Based Schools and Social Agencies
- Sophronius of Jerusalem and Seventh-Century Heresy: The Synodical Letter and Other Documents (Oxford Early Christian Texts)
Additional resources for A Compendium of Christian Theology :Systematic Theology Vol 1 of 3
3. This leads to the nature of the credential itself, or the value of the miracle, as it is a sign. Generally, and taking revelation as a whole, it appeals to the body of evidence that God has interposed in human affairs, in a manner transcendently extraordinary, as its plenary and abiding demonstration. That is to say, in few words, the Christian Faith rests its strong claim on this among: other things, that there is a series of wonderful works and supernatural acts behind it, around it, and encompassing it, which no sincere and candid mind ought to be able to resist.
Its definition of Miracle is an act of the immediate power of God intervening in the connection of natural causes and effects. It does not argue with those who deny to the God of nature this power and freedom to use it. The preliminary objection against the possibility of miracle, and the value of any amount of evidence that might seek to establish its credibility, can never be met by any other argument than this first term. It is well that the Apologist of revelation should take a high stand here.
The Savior does not appeal to reason, apart from the mediation of the sole and supreme Convincer. That Spirit also knoweth what is in man, and brings His own Divine demonstration to every mind that does not refuse to consider what He says. He so adapts His arguments to the present fallen moral nature of men that their rejection can spring only from the perverseness of those whose spiritual eye of faith is darkened. As Christ is the Truth incarnate, the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of the Truth. 7 He is the great Apologist of Revelation to the world.