By Michael Gordon Laverick
The whole, Hands-On consultant to fitting and Configuring VMware website restoration supervisor 5.0
Administering VMware web site restoration supervisor 5.0 is the entire, technical, hands-on advisor to VMware website restoration supervisor (SRM) 5.0 install and configuration for skilled VMware professionals.
VMware discussion board moderator and vExpert Mike Laverick totally explains SRM 5.0’s failover/failback strategies, walks readers via configuring garage replication with from a number of prime providers, and exhibits tips to successfully enforce speedy, automatic, centralized catastrophe restoration. Drawing on his large adventure with SRM and vSphere, Laverick identifies universal pitfalls and error, explains why they take place, and indicates precisely find out how to repair them.
Fully brand new for SRM 5.0, this ebook supplies “in-the-trenches” technical wisdom you won’t locate wherever else, together with professional tips for using SRM 5.0’s complicated new vSphere Replication (VR).
- Going “under the hood” with SRM 5.0 to entirely comprehend its operation
- Configuring SRM 5.0 with Dell EqualLogic Replication, EMC Celerra Replicator, EMC CLARiiON MirrorView, HP StorageWorks P4000 digital SAN equipment with distant replica, and NetApp SnapMirror
- Configuring a number of LUN/volumes with digital machines and digital disks
- Installing VMware SRM and configuring vSphere Replication (VR)
- Using VR to duplicate VMs throughout destinations with out third-party garage array-based replication
- Using VR to copy a unmarried VM or teams of VMs to the restoration website
- Efficiently configuring secure and restoration sites
- Using Reprotect Mode to speed up failback and increase VM portability
- Using dependencies and precedence orders to configure SRM in keeping with your latest different types of purposes and services
- Leveraging SRM 5.0’s scalability advancements to serve large-scale and/or cloud environments
- Defining customized restoration plans
- Working with alarms, export histories, and entry control
- Implementing bidirectional relationships and shared web site configurations
- Scripting computerized website recovery
- Upgrading from SRM 4.1 to SRM 5.0
Read Online or Download Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 PDF
Best database storage & design books
The Java Database Connectivity sessions (JDBC) sensibly offer an interface among a platform-independent programming language (Java) and a standardized database language (Structured question Language, or SQL). pretty well each Java software that is desirous about transactions or different company operations connects to a database via JDBC; so, familiarity with the JDBC sessions can enlarge your different Java abilities.
Study the necessities of computing device technology Schaum’s define of rules of laptop technological know-how offers a concise evaluate of the theoretical origin of machine technological know-how. it is usually concentrated evaluation of object-oriented programming utilizing Java.
Multimedia Database administration platforms provides the problems and the thoughts utilized in development multimedia database administration structures. bankruptcy 1 presents an outline of multimedia databases and underlines the recent standards for those purposes. bankruptcy 2 discusses the thoughts used for storing and retrieving multimedia gadgets.
* ColdFusion MX makes use of the Java platform to construct robust internet and instant purposes fast* entire source for the developer who desires to flip a simple website right into a dynamic internet software utilizing the most recent good points of ColdFusion MX* finished discussions clarify how one can construct and install content material publishing platforms, on-line shops, and enterprise reporting functions* Covers every little thing from deploy to database connection configuration and from tag and serve as utilization to code reuse* CD-ROM contains real-world functions in addition to resource code, samples, and 3rd celebration instruments
- Linked Open Data -- Creating Knowledge Out of Interlinked Data: Results of the LOD2 Project (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Apache Essentials: Install, Configure, Maintain (Pioneering Series)
- Identification and Management of Distributed Data: NGN, Content-Centric Networks and the Web
- Beginning SQL Server 2005 for Developers: From Novice to Professional (Expert's Voice)
- Concrete Abstractions: An Introduction to Computer Science Using Scheme
Additional info for Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0
0. • Chapter 1, Introduction to Site Recovery Manager This chapter provides a brief introduction to Site Recovery Manager and discusses some use cases. • Chapter 2, Getting Started with Dell EqualLogic Replication This chapter guides readers through the configuration of replication with Dell EqualLogic arrays, and covers the basic configuration of the ESXi iSCSI initiator. • Chapter 3, Getting Started with EMC Celerra Replication This chapter guides readers through the configuration of replication with EMC Celerra arrays, and covers the basic configuration of the ESXi iSCSI initiator.
Ideally, you have been working with VMware vSphere for some time—perhaps you have attended an authorized course in vSphere 4 such as the “Install, Configure and Manage” class, or even the “Fast Track” class. On top of this, perhaps you have pursued VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification. So, what am I getting at? This is not a dummy’s or idiot’s guide to SRM. You are going to need some background, or at least read my other guides or books, to get up to speed. Apart from that, I will be gentle with you—assuming that you have forgotten some of the material from those courses, such as VMFS metadata, UUIDs, and VMFS resignaturing, and that you just have a passing understanding of storage replication.
You should really factor this issue into your recovery time objectives. The first thing to ensure in your DR plan is that you have an effective backup and restore strategy to handle possible data corruption and virus attacks. ” Principles of Storage Management and Replication In Chapter 2, Getting Started with Dell EqualLogic Replication, I will document in detail a series of different storage systems. Before I do that, I want to write very briefly and generically about how the vendors handle storage management, and how they commonly manage duplication of data from one location to another.