By David A Gewirtz (Editor), Shawn Edan Holt (Editor), Steven Grant (Editor)
Read Online or Download Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer PDF
Similar oncology books
On March 2, 1994, the organization for wellbeing and fitness Care coverage and examine (a department of the general public healthiness provider) made headlines by means of freeing new melanoma discomfort administration instructions. That record published that soreness is usually undertreated, and that reduction isn't just attainable for many sufferers, yet truly aids in restoration.
During this first authoritative assessment on glossy melanoma chemotherapy 121 foreign experts have contributed their event and up to date info for what's more likely to develop into the foremost within the box. The authors summarize wisdom received during the last decade, from easy options to profitable purposes within the medical institution, masking energetic and passive concentrating on thoughts in addition to tissue-specific methods.
''Written for ache administration Practitioners, Oncologists, Oncology Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Social employees, Pharmacologists, and first Care Practitioners, in addition to scholars in those fields, this reference offers perception into chemotherapy-induced neuropathic soreness melanoma survivors undergo. It studies the elemental and medical examine into the traditional body structure of ache transmission pathways, neuropathic ache pathology, the chemotherapeutic drug mechanisms of motion and adversarial results, chemotherapy-induced neuropathy, and drug discovery efforts for therapy.
Every one quantity within the Early Detection and remedy of melanoma sequence is jam-packed with sensible, authoritative details designed to hide the entire diversity of diagnostic methods, together with pathologic, radiologic, bronchoscopic, and surgical facets. You’ll manage to be certain the most secure, shortest, least invasive strategy to succeed in a correct analysis; level the affliction; and select the simplest preliminary therapy for early levels.
- Retinoids in Oncology (ESO Monographs)
- Molecular Genetics of Liver Neoplasia (Cancer Genetics)
- Colorectal Cancer Can Be Prevented (Gastroenterology)
- Handbook for Principles and Practice of Gynecologic Oncology, 1st Edition
Extra info for Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer
Hollstein M, Sidransky D, Vogelstein B, Harris CC. p53 Mutations in Human Cancers. Science 1991; 253(5015):49–53. 261. Di Cristofano A, Pandolfi PP. The multiple roles of PTEN in tumor suppression. Cell 2000; 100: 387–90. 262. Hannun YA. Apoptosis and the dilemma of cancer chemotherapy. Blood 1997; 89(6):1845–53. 263. Mow BF, Blajeski AL, Chandra J, Kaufmann SH. Apoptosis and the response to anticancer therapy. Curr Opin Oncol 2001; 13(6):453–62. 264. Belka C, Budach W. Anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 proteins: structure, function and relevance for radiation biology.
233. Lowe SW, Cepro E, Evan G. Intrinsic tumour suppression. Nature 2004:432:307–15. Chapter 1 / The Intrinsic Pathway of Apoptosis 29 234. Gerl R, Vaux DL. Apoptosis in the development and treatment of cancer. Carcinogenesis 2005; 26:263–70. 235. Strasser A, Harris AW, Bath ML, Cory S. Novel primitive lymphoid tumours induced in transgenic mice by cooperation between myc and bcl-2. Nature 1990; 348(6299):331–3. 236. Pelengaris S, Khan M, Evan GI. Suppression of Myc-induced apoptosis in beta cells exposes multiple oncogenic properties of Myc and triggers carcinogenic progression.
Crystal structure of a procaspase-7 zymogen: mechanisms of activation and substrate binding. Cell 2001; 107:399–407. 30. Yan N, Shi Y. Mechanisms of apoptosis through structural biology. Ann Rev Cell Dev Biol 2005; 21:35–56. 31. Srinivasula SM, Ahmad M, Fernandes-Alnemri T, Alnemri ES. Autoactivation of procaspase-9 by Apaf-1-mediated oligomerization. Mol Cell 1998; 1:949–57. 32. Ruchaud S, Korfali N, Villa P, et al. Caspase-6 gene knockout reveals a role for Lamin A cleavage in apoptotic chromatin condensation.